Bottled Water has a massive environmental footprint.
Consider the cycle required to get the bottled water to a customer;
– Extract the water from the ground.
– Coke admits its Bore Water in Neverfail – read the article
– Purify the water (Sorry to tell you this, but it’s not all sourced from sparkling, bubbling, snow fed streams)
– Transport it to a bottling plant. Put it into storage at the distribution centre.
– Load it onto massive trucks and drive it around for delivery.That truck comes back to pick up the empties.
– Back to a plant to wash the bottles.
Then the whole, expensive, wasteful and environmentally damaging cycle starts all over again.
According to the Australasian Bottled Water Institute, we spend about $385 million a year on bottled water.