Bottled Water has a massive environmental footprint.
Consider the cycle required to get the bottled water to a customer;
– Extract the water from the ground.
– Coke admits its Bore Water in Neverfail – read the article
– Purify the water (Sorry to tell you this, but it’s not all sourced from sparkling, bubbling, snow fed streams)
– Transport it to a bottling plant. Put it into storage at the distribution centre.
– Load it onto massive trucks and drive it around for delivery.That truck comes back to pick up the empties.
– Back to a plant to wash the bottles.
Then the whole, expensive, wasteful and environmentally damaging cycle starts all over again.
According to the Australasian Bottled Water Institute, we spend about $385 million a year on bottled water.
“It’s one of the greatest cons ever pulled,” says Clean Up Australia chairman Ian Kiernan. “It’s just lunacy, there is no other word for it. We are squandering our oil resources.”
Oil is not the only precious resource being squandered by consumers, with bottled water 2500 times more expensive than the tap variety.
With no chlorine added to kill bacteria, bottled water can’t even be considered better for you.
Filtered Fresh is an easy way to make a real sustainable contribution.
No water deliveries. No wasted energy. No landfill waste.
Filtered Fresh water coolers are environmentally-friendly, greener water coolers.
Make a difference today – CALL US !