Bottled Water has a massive environmental footprint.
Consider the cycle required to get the bottled water to a customer;
- Extract the water from the ground.
- Purify the water (Sorry to tell you this, but it’s not all sourced from sparkling, bubbling, snow fed streams)
- Transport it to a bottling plant. Put it into storage at the distribution centre.
- Load it onto massive trucks and drive it around for delivery. That truck comes back to pick up the empties.
- Back to a plant to wash the bottles.
Then the whole, expensive, wasteful and environmentally damaging cycle starts all over again.
The Age newspaper said recently;
- AUSTRALIA’S love affair with bottled water is costing the planet 314,000 barrels of oil a year.
- According to the Australasian Bottled Water Institute, we spend about $385 million a year on bottled water.
- “It’s one of the greatest cons ever pulled,” says Clean Up Australia chairman Ian Kiernan.
- “It’s just lunacy, there is no other word for it. We are squandering our oil resources.”
- Oil is not the only precious resource being squandered by consumers, with bottled water 2500 times more expensive than the tap variety.
- With no chlorine added to kill bacteria, bottled water can’t even be considered better for you.
Filtered Fresh is an easy way to make a real sustainable contribution.
- No water deliveries.
- No wasted energy.
- No landfill waste.
Filtered Fresh water coolers are environmentally-friendly, greener water coolers.
Make a difference today – CALL US!